Saturday, July 23, 2011

Amazing Arizona Comics 101

Thanks for visiting my blog! I've been fortunate to get a bit of attention from the media in Phoenix lately, because my flagship book Amazing Arizona Comics features superheroes experiencing real current events in Arizona, but I'm really most excited to have new and potential readers swing by to see what I'm up to. We small press types are a passionate bunch, and your interest is what keeps our fires burning.

That said, here's some more information about Amazing Arizona Comics:

What is Amazing Arizona Comics?

Amazing Arizona Comics is a mini-comic self-published in Phoenix about (like I said) superheroes experiencing real current events in Arizona. Arizona has made national headlines this past year on topics ranging from immigration to gun ownership, and our governor and sheriffs are figures of pop culture intrigue (to put it nicely). When I moved back to Phoenix last year, I thought, "This is almost already a comic book! It's only missing superheroes! So, I made some up and created a comic book about it.

I don't live in Arizona. Why should I care?

Well, if you're interested in pop culture and politics, this mini-comic is perfect for you, because its goal is to look at issues that affect everyone in a different way. If you're not that nuts about pop culture and politics, this mini-comic is perfect for you, because its goal is to look at issues that affect everyone in a different way. Honestly, I'm not a huge news buff, but filtering everything through how superheroes would react makes even boring partisan politics interesting again!

How do I get your comics?

If you live around Phoenix, a few shops carry the book, like Evermore Nevermore in Mesa, Samurai Comics in Phoenix, and Jesse James Comics and Drawn to Comics in Glendale. If you don't, please email me to purchase. I'll set up a Paypal account soon to make things even easier.

Thanks again for stopping by! Drop a line if you have any other questions, and I look forward to making Arizona a little more amazing for you.

1 comment: