Sunday, June 30, 2013

REAL Amazing Arizona Adventures #2: Walking the Green Carpet

I donned the shell proudly.  One part portable home, one part armor, is there any better way to describe the things geeks love?


Last week, my wife and I walked the green carpet at a special screening of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, which was followed by a meet and greet with Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman and actor Ernie Reyes, Jr.  I chronicled the event at Nerdvana, but it's worth mentioning again because this unique experience happened right here in Phoenix.

From left to right: Me, Raphael, Kevin Eastman
I've spent a significant amount of time watching TMNT cartoons and movies, or collecting and playing with TMNT toys, or reading TMNT comics -- all because a couple of guys had an idea back in 1984.  To meet one of these guys in the town of my youth was a truly charming experience.  I'll post a few more pictures from the experience in the coming days . . . all to prove that Arizona is indeed a place where your inner child can come out of his shell once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment