Monday, October 27, 2014

Meeting Mike Nesmith, One Year Later


I couldn't let today pass without acknowledging it as the anniversary of my meeting Mike Nesmith, the last of the Monkees that fulfilled my childhood dream of meeting them all.  Meeting Mike was an inspiration, partly because his tour conjured vivid narratives with his music, and partly because I never thought I would.  In many ways, Amazing Arizona Comics is informed by the Monkees -- both are a goofy social satire that hope to bottle certain tropes in the zeitgeist so they remain timeless.  I'll let you know how the comparison stands in about 40 years.  Until then, thank you, Mike, for being available to fans, and for growing a body of work that defies expectation.

Speaking of growing bodies of work, please visit the web adventures of Amazing Arizona Comics, for the beginning of this week's adventure featuring Zombie Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment