Monday, July 20, 2009

Anticipating San Diego



For those fanboys that only venture there for Comic Con, you may not realize that San Diego is as beautiful and exciting a city the rest of the year, as well. It's everything Will Ferrell says in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy -- what with its breathtaking coast, bustling Gaslamp District, and and boisterous karaoke. Oh, that's right . . . karaoke is alive and well in San Diego, specifically at its The Lamplighter, a tavern that boasts karaoke seven nights a week. As a karaoke aficionado, I've been there quite a few times, with none as memorable as the first time, which I've chronicled in my first solo self-published comic, Karaoke Comics #1. My establishing shot doesn't do the old building's exterior justice, nor did I have the space to explore the many colorful characters that inhabit this joint, so I highly recommend escaping the trappings of the convention center for a few hours to check it out. If this place is any indication of what San Diego is like the rest of the year, it's no wonder I keep going back for more!



To see a three page preview of Karaoke Comics #1, visit my ComicSpace, and to indulge in other "Karaoke Chronicles," click here! Karaoke Comics #1 is available for a dollar if you order via e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment