Sunday, April 25, 2010

National Poetry Month, Day #25: Catch Up, Mustered

Catch Up, Mustered

Hey . . . you . . .
How long's it been?

Wow, that long?
How's the -- wife? Really?
Kids?! I hadn't heard.

Promotion?
Congratulations!
You're really bringing home the bacon . . .
speaking of which . . .

New house? In this economy?
Well, sure, that makes sense.

Vacation? With the kids --
Oh, of course the in-laws can watch them.
What else are in-laws good for? Ha . . .

No, I'm sure they're good people.
I was just kidding, really.

What, me?
No, not married. No kids.
Same job, obviously. Less hours, actually.
Same old apartment.
Need a roommate, actually, if you know anyone.

Yeah, it's been great seeing you, too.
I'm glad you're doing so well.
So, did you enjoy your lunch?

Can I bring you anything else before fetching your bill?

No comments:

Post a Comment