Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sketchbook Sunday: The Eagle


My first car was a 1996 Vision Eagle.  I bought it in 2011 and it lasted about a year.  I've since learned not to buy cars because they have a cool make/model name -- although if I ever see a Plymouth Laser for sale, I might cave in just so I can say, "I ride a laser."

Anyway, as my wife and I traded in the Eagle for a much more capable and contemporary Nissan Frontier, the nostalgia that comes with one's "first car" made me sketch this, the Eagle embodied as an old, semi-retired superhero.  Then, I thought, what if we lived in a world where cars were actually superhero avatars -- and, at 16 years old, everyone can test for a license to operate their very own superpowered golem.  Models would come and go, have factory defaults and recalls, have better features than others, etc.  It's an interesting story with potential, in my opinion . . .

In fact, replace anything in real life with a superpowered golem and there's the potential for a new superhero story right there!  Superheroes as kitchen appliances!  Superheroes as currency!  Superheroes as the Internet!  See -- superheroes can take you anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment