Saturday, December 7, 2013

Coming Soon: The 12 Days of Christmas (Comics!)

I love Christmas, and I love comics -- and I love Christmas comics!  So, on each of the final twelve days before Christmas (starting Friday the 13th!), I'll be posting a different story arc pitch for a dream, Christmas-themed comic book series starring Santa Claus.  I won't be pursuing any of these ideas, and some of them will be quite derivative (expect "Crisis on Infinite Christmases"), but I can't resist the chance to end the year with a little holiday fanfic.  I hope to include some conceptual sketches with each pitch, to prove their potential, but no promises. By then, they'll only be twelve shopping days until Christmas, so I'll be pretty busy!


Note: I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda sorta stealing the idea of a "12 days of Christmas" theme from my good buddy Brent, whose 12 Murders of Christmas last year remain one of my favorite blog post series ever.  The above image (by Brent) is the last, 12 Drummers Detonating, but click here to read them all!  (Needless to say, my pitches won't include a murder mystery story; it's already been done, and done better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment