Monday, March 30, 2015

Thank You, Southwest Maker Fest and Phoenix Film Festival!

I exhibited at two great events this weekend, and I hope to return to both of them next year: the Southwest Maker Fest in downtown Mesa, and the Phoenix Film Festival's Geek Day.


I made the mistake of dubbing the Southwest Maker Fest an "art show," but it's really so much more.  Mesa's Main Street was lined with local innovators -- some of them were artists, but others were scientists, entrepreneurs . . . basically, all folks in the business of making, hence the event's name.  I was honored to be among them, with Batman, to boot!  If you swung by the table for one of the seventy sketches I cranked out that day, or if you picked up a comic, thank you, and see you next year!


The Phoenix Film Festival did a great job kicking off the local con season (starting in April with the Tucson Art Press Expo) with Geek Day, and fellow self-publishers the Janimal (with me on the red carpet, above) and T.R.I.B.E. Comics joined me in promoting our wares.  I'm especially grateful to actor Maiz Lucero (pictured below) for swinging by with his friends for caricatures -- thanks for keeping me busy, guys!


I mentioned TAPE -- I'll be there next month, with other events and projects soon to come, including this year's Free Comic Book Day story, spanning the entire state!  For more immediate updates, find and friend Speed Cameron on Facebook.  He's much faster at posting things than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment